Sunday, October 7, 2007

Things that I love lately...

Not a whole lot to post about this week, so I thought another list was in order.

1. Fall Decorations-Actually I love everything about Fall. By far my favorite season!
2. General Conference - Please tell me that I was not the only person who balled her eyes out during Elder Worthlins talk. I, emotionally, CANNOT handle stuff like that.
3. Clorox Bleach Wipes
4. Lunch at Kneaders-with the Revolutionaries of coarse.
5. Facials
6. Sunday game night with friends.
7. Clean sheets
8. True Religion Jeans-In regards to expensive jeans my sweet friend Mauri put it "Once you go black you will never go back." Oh how true her words have become.
9. Cheering on my best boy, Jan Jorgensen, as he dominates the BYU football field.
10. 1$ E.L.F makeup-if you have get to experience this go to eyeslipsface.com
11. New soup recipes
12. Date night with Ken
13. Doggy Lortab-Grizz got his goods removed this week. OUCH!
14. When you get a class four patient and their calculus comes off in full, complete, fingernail size masses. For those of you who don't clean teeth for a living you can equivocate this love to when you have a really bad sunburn and you start to peel. Cleaning tartar like this is like pulling off the sheetlike piece of dead skin that just goes and goes. Ahhhh.
15. Blog stocking:)
16. Buttermilk syrup-oh sweet peeps...if you don't have this recipe your life is not complete. I made German pancakes with buttermilk syrup for our conference breakfast today and it was like that "What About Bob" scene where Bill Murray say "Mmmmmmm" "Mmmmmmm" "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm" all through dinner. That was us this morning because this syrup is just that good!
Here is the recipe.

Buttermilk Syrup

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda



Boil the sugar, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla until the sugar dissolves.




Then add the baking soda. Try to serve immediately because the backing soda will make it all foamy and bubbly, which is how you want to eat it because it's delightful. Seriously you'll want to drink this stuff.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

You are too cute. One of these days I'll try that syrup. I'm salivating just thinking about it. I have so many comments about each of your favorites, but I'll hold off for consideration of space. Anyway, we need another play date for us and our kiddos. We'll talk soon.

Dkole said...

I am so proud of you. YOu are such an excellent funny blogger.

P.S. I was laughing so hard when Maur told me she said that.

Marnae said...

kenz perfect post. I loved seeing you the other day ago. you are awesome.

Denise and Brandon said...

Cute and creative post. Love it. Hope you guys had fun on Friday. Wish I could've been there.