Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Live wElle 5K


A couple Saturdays ago we Ken and I ran in our first 5K of the year. It was to donate to the LivewElle foundation down in Springville. We ran it with Kenny's mom,dad, sister and brother in law. The run started at 7:30 and it was COLD! It wasn't until about mile 2.5 that I felt like I could shed a layer of clothing. Before the race started I asked Ken if he thought it would be fun to run it together. His reply was "Sure babe, I think that'd be great!". As soon as the gun shot blasted he was off like Seabiscuit! You would have thought he was in an olympic event. What can ya say...he is quite the competitor. And don't worry, I got passed by an eight year old girl.
After the race we all headed down to IHOP for a warm stack of pancacks. While we were there I fell in love with their butter pecan syrup! I pretty much drenched every inch of my breakfast in it, and have basically been craving it ever since.
Anyways, we then spent the rest of the day relaxing in the Johnson's backyard. Lots of food, family and fun. It was a great weekend!





8 comments:

Unknown said...

geez, you and ken sure are little athletes. It was fun to see ken on his bike ride the other day! By the way, that short hair is really working for ya mac, I love it!

Mel said...

You guys are great. We are running the 5K on the 4th of July. We do it every year. Ihope I will be ready by then.

andrea garber said...

That is so awesome that you ran that. I really want to do something like that soon. It will give me a reason to get back into shape. I am so glad you found my blog! Oh and I tagged you. Just copy and paste it to yours and fill it out!

Marnae said...

Kenz! You guys are so great. I miss you. I swear if I don't see you soon I might cry. I was going to go to book club this month but turns out I am lame and didn't read the book. I am for sure planning on it sometime this summer. Maybe when baseball is done.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Cute blog, Kenz!
P.S. I luv butter pecan syrup!

Shaun & April said...

Yeah, I got passed by 60 year old men and never even saw you guys till the finish line... It was fun to see you two. We need to go out to dinner sometime soon.

Travis and Celena said...

You guys are still the cutest couple I know! Congrats on your 5K and happy 3rd anniversary! I can't believe it has already been three years! I am glad I found your blog. I hope you come to visit mine. https://travisandcelenapatten.blogspot.com